This is a follow up question to my question about

Excellent

Question
This is a follow up question to my question about the benefits of Spirulina, and thank you for a very informative detailed answer to my question.

I am in very good health for my age. My 6 month blood work is consistently good. In September of 2017 I fast walked a half marathon, 13.1mile, and won a medal for finishing 3rd in my age group. Yesterday I did a practice half marathon of 13.6 mile at a good pace. I am interested in Spirulina because I believe that it can benefit me aa a XXXXXXX athlete.

Approximate 1 year ago, I had an unexplained DVT is my lower left calf. My Hematologist MD put me on Xarelto 20 mg. every morning and the blood clot went away.
After extensive testing it was determined that there was no causative factor for the blood clot and my doctor told me I would be on Xarelto for life. That's fine. I want to be free of blood clots.

I tolerate the Xarelto very well. I have no bruising, or bleeding, and at my dental hygiene appointments, my gums bleed very little even on the Xarelto.

There is some risk in everything, but I want to avoid undue risk. Could I add spirulina to my diet even though I am on Xarelto? Thank you very much.
Sun, 4 Feb 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:
no known interactions

Detailed Answer:
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

According to the drugs.com database, there are no current interactions known between xarelto and spirulina.

This means that according to current information, they can be safely used together.

I hope this helps, feel fee to ask any other questions