Thin, brown threads after washing mouth with Listerine. No pain or bleeding. Hope this is not gum disease.
Thank you for the query.
I would like to know few more things which would help me in suggesting you better:
1.) Do you have bad breath?
2.) Are your Gums swollen?
3.) Are your Gums tender to touch?
Your history suggest the possibility of Gingivitis, which is the inflammation of the Gums. But, it has to be confirmed, by a Dental Surgeon so that he can examine and will look for plaque and tartar buildup on your teeth and check your gums for redness, puffiness and easy bleeding to confirm the exact cause. Once confirmed, you will be treated accordingly.
If the cause is not found out, he/she may recommend that you get a medical evaluation to check for underlying health conditions.
Follow these lifestyle modifications:
1.) Schedule regular follow ups to your Dentist.
2.) Brush your teeth twice daily.
3.) Floss at least daily.
Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries.
Thank you for writing back to me.
Your follow up history suggests you have swollen gums and bleeding from them. This most probably suggests nothing but Gingivitis.
Don't be under the impression that teeth whitening causes this.
It also seems to me that you may have Vitamin C deficiency. You may consider taking Vitamin C
tablets, one tablet per day after breakfast for about 2 weeks. It helps to relieve your symptoms. This is an over the counter drug, you do not need a prescription for this.
As I said earlier, get yourself examined by a Dentist and get his/her opinion. After the treatment follow the lifestyle modifications which I had suggested, stick to your treatment plan and go for regular follow up.
Dr. Mohammed Tauseef.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Salty mouth gum disease
- Gum disease jaw hurt
- Listerine mouth wash availble in hyd
- Gum disease treatment after hip replacement
- Mouth wash for gum disease
- Gum disease and body aches
- Gum disease light headed
- What causes brown threads after washing mouth with listerine
- Nose bleed after listerine
- Lightheaded after flossing with gum disease
- Is it safe to take penis enhancement pills?
- Why do I have no discharge during ejaculation ? Does taking diabetes and...
- Does abortion through pills cause black bleeding assembles and severe...
- Is it safe to take OxyElitePro with Wellbutrin XL and Synthroid ?
- What is this white vaginal discharge when i masturbate or have intercourse?
- Is it required to take anti -D vaccines during 2nd pregnancy as I'm AB...
- Pills to slow down bleeding, fibroid, anemia. Possibilities?
- What treatment do you suggest for a bad throat ?
- Can I take alphamox to treat tonsilitis ?
- How can I deal with sleeplessness for less than 6 hours every night?