The sun light and heat causes a raised rash all

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist

Posted on Mon, 25 Feb 2019 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: The sun light and heat causes a raised rash all over my body
When this happens I turn red and most time I will pass out.
I have seen several doctor and panel of blood work. I have seen dermatologist and had skin biopsy done. No answers
I can take a too warm shower and pass out. I live in the dark and cold house. Please help
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Cholinergic urticaria and its management

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome to ask a doctor service. I have viewed the images and gone through your query and here is my advice.

You seem to have cholinergic urticaria. It is a type of physical urticaria and it is chronic. Stimuli which cause changes in core body temperature like a hot shower, exercise, spicy food, emotions like anger, guilt etc can trigger a reaction characterized by monomorohic, itchy welts/ hives. Apart from avoiding triggering factors like I mentioned above treatment of cholinergic urticaria is mostly symptomatic and consists of oral antihistamines like cetrizine, loratadine, fexofenadine etc. Topically you may use a soothing lotion e.g calamine lotion.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you need any more assistance.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj