The skin on my palms is peeling. This was preceded

Dr. Aaron Branch

Posted on Fri, 4 Jan 2019 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: The skin on my palms is peeling. This was preceded by tiny under skin itchy bumps about one week previous.
Answered by Dr. Aaron Branch 42 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Sounds like a drug rash

Detailed Answer:
Hello, I'm Dr. Branch, thanks for using Ask a Doctor service

The rash you describe sounds like it could be an allergic reaction to a medication or something you ate. Almost any medication can cause a drug rash, usually in the first couple of weeks after starting the medication, but it can occur at any time. Other possibilities would be a viral infection, or possibly eczema.

If the rash is bothering you at all, you could try using some 1% hydrocortisone cream to help with the dryness and itching.

If you want to send a picture or let me know what medications you are currently taking, I may be able to speak more specifically about what might be causing it.

I hope that helps answer your question, please let me know if you have any other questions or anything else I can help with.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee