The skin on my palms is peeling. This was preceded
Sounds like a drug rash
Hello, I'm Dr. Branch, thanks for using Ask a Doctor service
The rash you describe sounds like it could be an allergic reaction to a medication or something you ate. Almost any medication can cause a drug rash, usually in the first couple of weeks after starting the medication, but it can occur at any time. Other possibilities would be a viral infection, or possibly eczema.
If the rash is bothering you at all, you could try using some 1% hydrocortisone cream to help with the dryness and itching.
If you want to send a picture or let me know what medications you are currently taking, I may be able to speak more specifically about what might be causing it.
I hope that helps answer your question, please let me know if you have any other questions or anything else I can help with.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- I currently take cape aloe (aloe Ferox) everyday for constipation
- My husband just received a lab report. His SGOT is
- Chest x Ray was recorded as normal..for a work visa
- My son is 19 and is constantly cold . His
- I had constipation for the last week. It is gone
- Tip of penis stings when contacted by clothing, slight redness
- I have had two knee replacements - the first was
- hai I have a pain in my left arm since
- I have itchy scalp bumps. The doctors call it uticaria.
- what do when back is paining