The government has decided that diazepam is not good for
Etizolam can be tried.
Hello thanks for using ask a doctor service
I can understand your problem. Clonazepam is a long acting benzodiazepine drug and has good sedation. The drug should be used cautiously in elderly because this might result in increased risk of falls by sedation. This is the probable reason they didn’t prescribe Clonazepam to you.
For recurrent panic attacks drugs with good efficacy but less sedation like Etizolam can be tried. The drug has shorter actions and causes less sedation. You can take drug on sos basis and this will help in controlling panic attacks. Propranolol can also be tried. The drug is non sedating and has great effects. You can talk with your doctor for these drugs.
I hope this helps but if you have more doubts please let me know.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Sight problem. Taking pregabalin for fibromyalgia. Should I stop...
- Found mucus and pus cell in stool test. Suggested to go for colonoscopy...
- Suffering from erectile dysfunction. Taking paroxetine and sustimax....
- On medication for clinical depression. What diet should I take to reduce...
- Alcoholic, suffering from OCD, depression, suffered seizure. Prescribed...
- Trying to quit tobacco. What should I do for this?
- Taking clozazepam. Safe and easy method to stop taking this medicine?
- Taking fluoxidine, lectopam. Feeling weak, anxiety, nervous and chest...
- Aderall induced psychosis. How long will the effects last?
- Started getting panic attack after taking mucinex dm. Cause for concern?