Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
166 Doctors are Online

The bone near leg thumb has strated to protrude and

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1994
Answered : 10703 Questions
The bone near leg thumb has strated to protrude and hurt at times. I can share pictures
Sat, 10 Feb 2018 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Due to osteoarthritis.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for posting your query.
I have seen the attached images. The protrusion of the bone near the toe that you have noticed is due to deviation of the great toe related to osteoarthritis. I recommend you to -
*Wear sandles with a wide and deep toe box.. This can often solve the problem and prevent you from needing more treatment.
* Wear sandles with Correct Toes spacers. Spacers to separate the first and second toes.
In addition to this you can need mild pain killers and calcium supplements regularly to prevent further deterioration.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor