The bone near leg thumb has strated to protrude and

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
The bone near leg thumb has strated to protrude and hurt at times. I can share pictures
Sat, 10 Feb 2018 in Back Pain

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Due to osteoarthritis.

Detailed Answer:
I have seen the attached images. The protrusion of the bone near the toe that you have noticed is due to deviation of the great toe related to osteoarthritis. I recommend you to -
*Wear sandles with a wide and deep toe box.. This can often solve the problem and prevent you from needing more treatment.
* Wear sandles with Correct Toes spacers. Spacers to separate the first and second toes.
In addition to this you can need mild pain killers and calcium supplements regularly to prevent further deterioration.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal