Thank you pain just below sternum and abit to the
Very unlikely to be a cardiac pain
Hi and Welcome to Ask A Doctor service. I have read your question and here is my advice.
Pain in chest is always a concern and it should be as we should not miss a cardiac pain.So I understand your concern , however what you described is extremely unlikely to be a cardiac pain.
Cardiac pain is more diffused, central and a heavy pain.There is no tenderness ( pain is not increased by pressure with finger or hand ) .So a pain that's localised to right sub sternal area , and is tender , in an otherwise healthy individual is extremely unlikely to be of cardiac origin.
The pain may be a streched muscle , specially if it occured suddenly or aches with movements. It may be related to stomach specially if a burning pain or worsens with foods .There are few other possible causes , but the pain looks not be of any serious concern.
So if you don't feel very sick , I would suggest to take some over the counter pain killer like ibuprofen for few days and an antacid lile omeprazole for 2 weeks .I hope it would be fine .
Hope I have answered your question. Feel free to ask anything else you need to know.I will be glad to answer any further question about this. kind Regards Dr Mahboob ur Rahman
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Hello. In Mid-May I spent two weeks traveling in a
- I have severe insomnia . so I have taken 2
- Hello, I am trying to find how to complete sentences
- awakened dizzy this morning with a cold sweat. took my
- Would 250 mg daily of magnesium have adverse effect on
- I have been having a feeling of something moving up
- I received my MRI and MRA of both brain and
- at what low dose of predisone does your adernal glands
- blood test results how high is it when you are
- Ulcer pain keeps me from sleeping. Can I take Tylenol