Thank you. I am hoping for a couple opinions on

Dr. Munish Sood

Ayurveda Specialist

Posted on Wed, 30 Jan 2019 in Ayurveda
Question: Thank you. I am hoping for a couple opinions on my concerns. I have an appt. with my PCP tomorrow.

Let me give a bit more info:
I'm a Caucasian woman, 48 y/o, 5'8" and weigh 142-148 typically. Lately on the higher end. I have had high levels of stress, anxiety, bit of weight gain and the symptoms of ADHD seem to be present (difficulty with focus, concentration).
I wonder about hormonal/thyroid imbalance. I had my TSH levels and full CBC tested last year.

I am unsure if I have high or unstable TSH.
I did have a TSH test last year and this was the result: "TSH- high sensitivity" - the value was: 1.44 mIU/L (which I understand is well-within the "normal" range, so not sure how come listed as "high sensitivity") I have done a fair amount of research on this and I understand that the values can vary and hard to determine if in fact there is a clinical concern.
What I do know, without a doubt is that my hormones or thyroid must be effecting my metabolism because over the course of my adult life, I seem to have to work extremely hard to keep weight managed despite a healthy diet, exercise and lifestyle regimen. What I do know is that I feel more stress and sometimes anxiety (not so much depression) more than I would care to admit. Not always, but more than I would prefer and as life circumstances vary, so does the stress/anxiety level. I also have some of the ADHD symptoms (difficulty focusing and concentrating).
Some of my research found that GABA and L Tyrosine supplements could be helpful to alleviate my symptoms. Do you have much experience with patients taking these supplements, either alone or together and if so, the expected results? Or concerns taking them? Any other recommendations for my complaints would be appreciated.
Thank you very much.
Answered by Dr. Munish Sood 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
further details

Detailed Answer:
Dear,
Thanks for contacting with your health concern...

After reviewing your health query, I’m of the following opinion:

1. As you have checked with your PCP and still fell that something is still not normal regarding the ongoing Stress (could be physical or psychological), in order to make sure that there is not any hormonal problem kindly consult an Endocrinologist who will be in a better position to interpret your Thyroid evaluation and may ask for additional investigation to exclude cause of high anxiety/stress.

P.S. people who have low cortisol does have episodes of stress/anxiety regularly.

2. If after completing examination everything comes to be normal it could be GAD (Generalized Anxiety Disorder) for which successful and result oriented Herbal (Ayurvedic) drugs can be prescribed, but only after one has excluded that symptoms are not from any metabolic/hormonal issue.

Please feel free to revert back with your concerns.

Dr. Munish Sood
Consultant Physician
Naimittika

direct online link: bit.ly/drmunishsood

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee