question-icon

Testicle swollen huge and hurts to touch. Why?

Posted on Mon, 11 Jun 2012
Question: my left testical is swollen four times the normal size and hurts to touch it
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal (17 minutes later)

Swelling of testicle to four times its normal size with tenderness might be due to an obstructed inguinal hernia. This needs an immediate medical attention.

The other possible cause can be epididymitis or orchitis (inflammation of the testicle).

These are inflammatory conditions of the testicle. Antibiotics are needed for the treatment.

I encourage you to attend an Emergency room of the nearest hospital for proper examination and to avail proper medications.

I hope this answers your query effectively.

In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.

Regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon