Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
153 Doctors are Online

Tested positive to Chlamydia. Partner diagnosed with atypical pneumonia chlamydia. Should I take doxyhexal?

Jul 2016
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1971
Answered : 9589 Questions
Hi I tested positive to Chlamydia (my husband has just been diagnosed with atypical pneumonia chlamydia) and I wondered if I should take the doxyhexal (10 day script) or just fight it myself without antibiotics. I am worried the dormant chlamydia will come back and turn into chronic condition... if it hasnt already We live on 5000 sq m of land and I have always been working in the dirt and potting mix and suffer a reaction to mould no matter what sort of mask I have on... so I could have been the carrier all along... as I get chronic "sneezing which then go to flu like symptoms"

Posted Tue, 25 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 2 hours later
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that your husband has been detected to have Atypical Pneumonia due to Chlamydia.

Looking at your past history of bronco pneumonia and allergy to so many things surrounding you, it is better to take antibiotics either Azithromycin or Doxycycline. for 10 days and rest assure of you not getting infected.

Many a times Chlamyndia infection is symptomless in women so it is advisable to complete course of antibiotics as a prophylaxis.

Hope I have answered your query.
Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions I shall be happy to help you.
Thanks with Regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor