Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

Tested positive for azoospermia. Eager to be a father. Any effective treatment for this?

May 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 4909 Questions
Hi...I am a 27 year old male...i am tested positive for azoospermia... i am very eager to become a father.. is there any effective treatment for this? i am very much worried.
Posted Thu, 12 Jul 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later
thanks for the query.

Azoospermia means complete lack of spermatozoa in ejaculatory fluid,

it can occur,

1.when there is problem at production of spermatozoa,

- in reverseible conditions like,
kallman syndrome, hyperprolactinemia - medical treatment helps,
varicocele – surgery can be done

-in irreversible conditions assisted reproductive methods can be tried.

2.when there is problem at the level of transmission

The blockade can occur due to,
- previous infections,
-cysts in prostate,
-congenital absence of vas deferens(CAVD)
In this blockage due to first four causes can be repaired by microsurgical or endoscopic techniques.
In case of CAVD, sperm retrieval or assisted reproductive technology can be tried.

So you consult XXXXXXX and depending on the cause of your problem treatment can be taken.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.
Take care.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor