Owl Image

Tested negative for malaria, typhoid and dengue. Cause for high fever and rashes all over body?

Good

Radiologist
Question
My Father is aged 67. He is having temperature for the past 10-15 days. High temperature in the range of 104 last week. As per the doctor's suggestion he is admitted to the hospital. Many blood tests done and tests for Malaria, typhoid, Dengue etc proven negative. But still the temperature hasn't subsided. He is quite ok in the morning but temperature shoots up after noon. Doctors are still trying to find out the root cause for this. Also, he has developed some rashes all over the body. As per the doctor, it is due to some allergic reaction of some medication taken in this course. Any suggestion would help.
Wed, 30 Jan 2013 in Infections

Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 57 minutes later
Hi, welcome XXXXXXX and thanks for writing in.

Most Common causes of fever are already ruled out. High grade fever may be due to viral infections. The treating physician is already working for diagnosis. The rash may or may not be associated with fever. It is most likely to be associated with allergic drug reaction.

It will be helpful to talk with physician and have proper discussion regarding further management. Don't worry too much he will be fine.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further concern, please let me know.
Regards.