Owl Image

Tested negative for STD. Feeling discomfort and stinging in clitoris. Suggest effective medicine

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - May 2013
May 2013
Question
Yes, I have seen my Ob/GYn and my regular doctor. I have had a series of tests. Everything is normal. No STD's of any kind. Yet, I still have this discomfort and stinging in my clitoris. Everything looks fine. I have taking medicine for a yeast infection and for a UTI. But this has been going on for almost two months and no one can get to the bottom of things. Currently, I am taking probiotics and no medications. I just can't stand this anymore.
Thu, 27 Dec 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 33 minutes later

After exclusion of infections and injuries, the possible causes for your clitoral discomfort and stinging sensation are:
-Irritation caused by chemicals, which can be present in soaps, detergents, deodorants etc.
-Peripheral neuropathy, which can lead to damage of the nerves in the clitoral region. That can cause clitoral pain, tingling etc.
Clonazapam can cause peripheral neuropathy as a side effect.
So this time you discuss these possibilities with your doctor and proceed according to his advice.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.