Test showed high lymphocyte count. What treatment should be done?

Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta

Posted on Fri, 21 Dec 2012 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Question: Please explain for further treatment and suggest me the medicine.
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
I have seen your reports and there are few shortcomings in this.
Your lymphocyte count is little high and there is anisocytosis.
Anisocytosis means red blood cells are differently sized instead of normally sized.
Before answering your query I would want to know the reason for getting yourself tested.
Please give your problem and your symptoms in detail so that I can proceed ahead with the discussion.
Thanks
Follow up: Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 4 hours later
I don't have any problem and I checked blood test as routine. I found anisocytosis and based on that checked iron deficiency and it came normal. Usually I felt tired always other than that I am ok. Please guide me for further follow up. Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 4 hours later
Although your hemoglobin levels are in normal range but it is on lower border.
High RDW along with low MCHC suggest beginning of take some iron supplement daily.However your lymphocyte levels are high and it needs to be probed as high lymphocytes are present in chronic infections or cancers or some auto immune disorders resulting in chronic inflammation.

I would advise you to consult your doctor and get yourself investigated thoroughly to look for the cause of high percentage of lymphocytes.
Best of luck
Thanks