Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Test showed blirubin - 1.25, sgpt -69, sgot - 44 and fasting glucose 154. Should I be concerned?

Sep 2012
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 1416 Questions
I am 45years mail , and during self check tests - following discrepency observed.
SGPT -69
SGOT - 44
RBC - 4.2
Hb - 12.5
Pl advise if any area of concern . SGOT AND SGPT are at these levels since last 2 years but Bilrubin was less than 1

Posted Sat, 15 Dec 2012 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 28 minutes later
Thank you for posting a question.

Firstly, fasting blood sugar. You have to do a fasting followed by postprandial blood sugar test for proper interpretation of this sugar level. This sugar level is definitely higher than normal. But, to declare you as a diabetic, the combination test report is very important. Another test which can show about your blood sugar control of the last three month is HbA1C.

Mild elevated level of bilirubin and SGOT and SGPT indicates no specific condition. But sometimes it may occur due to mild hepatocellular injury. If you are alcoholic, then you have to stop that. Do an ultrasound scan of abdomen to rule out any abnormality. You can also take some liver protective drugs like Liv 52, after consulting with your treating doctor. You can also consult with a gastroenterologist for this matter.

The RBC count and hemoglobin levels are absolutely normal.

Hope this information suffices. Let me know, if you have any more question.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Radiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor