Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

Test for malaria showed PFR in the result. What medication should I take?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 1055 Questions
Respected Sir, I am a student studying in class 11th.I am 17 years old. Actually, yesterday when I returned back from my school, I was feeling very cold, I was having fever and headache. And my parents suggested for malaria test. So, I went for the test. And in the report of the test of malaria parasite P.F.R was Found as a result. And as today its Sunday so no doctor can do my check - up. So, please reply me the prescription and what to do for these as soon as possible. My mother is suffering from Hypothyroid and due to this she faces many other problems like acidity problem, cold, fever etc. Presently she takes THYROX-75 as suggested by doctor. And one more query is about my father. He is suffering from cough and cold since last 15 days. He consulted doctor also but he did not got well. Thanking You, Yours sincerely, XXXXX
Posted Sat, 11 Jan 2014 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Praveen 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Hi.Falcigo SP kit will help you Detailed Answer: Welcome to XXXXXXX & thanks for writing us. I suggest you to take Falcigo SP kit and take the tablets according to the instructions being marked on the kit day wise for Malaria. Take Tablet.Crocin (paracetamol) 500 mg three times a day after food.This will reduce your fever. You can consult your doctor tomorrow and take his suggestion. Has your mother got any recent thyroid profile done? Is so please upload.Hope she is taking the medication regularly. Is your father having fever, cough with expectoration(sputum production)? Keep us posted and this will help to suggest you. Thanks.Get well soon.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor