Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Tentative dilated right ventricle, done electrocardiogram, normal stress test. Family history of bad heart. Worried.

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Cardiologist, Interventional
Practicing since : 1996
Answered : 192 Questions
my brother was told he may have a dialiated right ventricle there going to send him for more tests to make sure but they did an electocardiogram thats how they found it stress test was normal he runs 5 days a week and is in good shape a year ago a dr thought he had right bundled branch but after further testing said he was fine im concerned because we come from a history of bad hearts although so far im fine im worried about my bro
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Valvular Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Raja Sekhar Varma 1 hour later
Thank you for your query.

Right bundle branch block on the ECG can be present due to many causes. It can be present as a normal variation also. It can also be present if there is any strain or dilatation of the right ventricle (the chamber that pumps impure blood to the lungs for oxygenation) or if there are disturbances in the electrical conduction pathways on the right side of the heart.

An echocardiogram, chest x-ray and some blood tests may be done to confirm the findings and to know if there is any specific cause for this.

I would like you to upload the ECG and if possible, the findings of the echocardiogram on this website, so that I can analyze them and give you a more specific answer.

Since the stress test is normal and since he appears to be otherwise doing well without any symptoms, there may not be anything serious. However, it is worth investigating to identify any possible abnormalities and take corrective action depending on the diagnosis reached.

I hope this answers your query. Please upload the ECG and echo findings for me to give you a more detailed answer.
With regards,
Dr RS Varma
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Cardiac Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor