Tenderness in lower right breast. Mammogram shows cyst in the area. What does it indicate?

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Mon, 18 Nov 2013 in Breast Cancer
Question: Tenderness in lower right breast I had a mammogram done about 3 years ago and have 2 cyststhere
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Needs to be investigated.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
The tenderness in the lower right breast with a history of cysts in the area can be due to an increase in the size of the cysts, any lump in the breast- fibroadenoma, infection of the breast- mastitis or due to hormonal changes in the body.
If you are having this pain for some time then you should consult your gynecologist and get it properly examined for the presence of any lumps in the area. You also need to get a follow up mammogram done to find out any change in the cyst size.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.