Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online
Ask a Homeopath   »  

Tender spot on the breast nipple, reddish colour. Is this serious, advise?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Oncologist, Surgical
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 576 Questions
BreastEarlier today I felt a tender spot in my breast below the right breasts nipple. It is about 1 inch in diameter, reddish in color, tender to touch, and there seems to be a tiny small ball like thing beneath it. Long before I have had the small ball lump thing, which the doctor had told me it was probably just a calcium deposit.. though it has yet to leave the past two years. I've never had problems with it. I'm not sure if its coincidence that there is a lump above/near it now or if this is relevant. I am currently on my period too. I need your advice please. I am currently uninsured and just need to know if this is something to seriously worry about. thanks
Posted Sun, 8 Jul 2012 in Unani
Answered by Dr. Rohan Khandelwal 5 hours later
Hi Maam,

In clinical practice and literature say the same that every breast lump requires a proper work-up which includes a thorough clinical history/ clinical examination by a doctor followed by an imaging test (mammogram or ultrasound) and finally a FNAC (examining the cells of the lump under a microscope). Only after this triple assessment can one tell you about the nature of this breast lump.

This recommendation is despite the fact that you had a calcium deposit earlier. You should stop concerning only when the results are benign. Having said that there is no reason to worry. Everything is treatable.

Since you are uninsured it should not stop further evaluation. If you inform the doctor he can give good cash discount.

I would strongly suggest that you visit your doctor once your periods are over and get this lump evaluated.

Hope you get well soon.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Homeopath

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor