Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Tender spot on rib cage. What do you suggest?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 2366 Questions
I have a tender spot on my rib cage under the left arm also the arm itself is tender inside the upper part. When I press on the tender spot, it hurts. When not pressed, it is alow nagging pain. Glands? Not. Heart as I have been checked out at Scripps in La Jolla CA. Have had this for several years now. Just a nagging pain. XXXX XXXXXXX (Mr)
Posted Thu, 21 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 51 minutes later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Sir , Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you that in my opinion you should consult a physician for this because physical examintion will be necessary to look for exact location of the pain whether it is a swollen gland or it is coming from ribs . Sine you are suffering from carcinoma prostate it is necessary to rule out any metastasis as Ca prostate may lead to lytic lesions in ribs . All these are possibilities but expert examination and tests will be required for reaching a conclusion . Take care. Dr.Shruti
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Tender spot on rib cage. What do you suggest? 12 hours later
Thank you for your response. I agree that exam is neccesaryb. Since this soreness, tenderness has been occurring for years, I thought it might be glandular in nature. Not being familiar with anatomy, I hoped you could tell me if a gland is there outside the rib cage?
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 36 minutes later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear sir , Yes some glands are present in the axillary region . These are 5 groups of glands but they are felt in the axilla along the rib cage also . So it can be enlarged lymph node but still examination is needed. Dr. Shruti
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor