Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
147 Doctors are Online

Tender bump on head after gun recoil, swelling across bridge of nose, black eye. Is this normal?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 1417 Questions
A gun recoiled and hit me in the head a little over 3 days ago a giant goose egg instantly came up. It is still tender to touch and 3 days later the bump is almost gone, there is a little bump above my eyebrow that is causing my eyebrow not to move and I have a black eye with swelling across my bridge to my other eye. The facial swelling and black eye started to appear 2 days ago and it feels like there is pressure on my head. Is this normal? Will I be able to move my eyebrow again? Mentally I have lots of anxiety, been XXXXXXX in thought and feel sad.
Posted Sun, 26 Aug 2012 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 28 minutes later

Ideally you should get a scan done for this to see if there is any XXXXXXX injury or skull fracture.

Black eye and eyebrow issue will resolve with time.This should not be cause of concern.

So please consider to see doctor sooner.

Please ask if there are follow up question.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Critical Care

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor