Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Tear on penis,painful intercourse,pimples

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 2565 Questions
mu husband who is 68 has developed a tear around the penis 0n side and when we have intercourse it tear again. Now he has devloped a pimple that burst and now has a second hole on penis
Posted Mon, 7 May 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 5 hours later
Hello and thanks for the query.

Your question is a very good one and I will do my best to provide you with good information and recommendations regarding what is going on with your husband. From what you have described he has developed some degree of inflammation associated with a small tear of the penis. Now it has developed into something a little bit more severe from what you have described.

First of all I would like to recommend and make it very clear that I think your husband should abstain from any intercourse or any kind of friction which could exacerbate what is going on with his penis right now. One of the reasons I recommend this of course is so that he does not encounter any additional injury. Another very important reason is that he needs to keep that area clean and avoid any kinds of bacteria which could get inside and caused a significant infection. Intercourse does involve exchange of bodily fluids as well as sometimes exchange of bacteria which are usually benign. These bacteria however can cause an infection if there is an open sore or an open wound.

For the time being I recommend that you maintain good cleanliness and hygiene of the area and start to apply some antibiotic ointment to the area for the next several days. I would apply this ointment at least twice per day. In addition he needs to also keep the area quite clean. I recommend he take a bath a couple of times per day to allow the area to be exposed to the warm water to again keep it clean.

If there is any progression of what you have described I really think he needs to see a urologist. I can't emphasize this point enough. If this is allowed to progress much further you could develop long lasting and permanent deficits.

Again I thank you for submitting your query. I hope you found my response to be both helpful and informative. If you have any additional questions regarding this concern I would be happy to address them.


Dr. Robert.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Tear on penis,painful intercourse,pimples 21 hours later
So, common sense this is inflammation and absteining is wise, but what are the likely causes ( ie herpes) and what are treatment options
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 6 hours later
Hello and thanks for the followup.

Most likely cause is a bacteria which could explain the symptoms.

Herpes generally causes multiple inflamed vesicles which are exquisitely painful.

Bottom line here is that he needs to see a specialist in the near future. In the absence of being able to examine him it is quite difficult to recommend much on the order of treatment.

His issue is such that close monitoring is necessary and as I previously said he should be seen by a urologist if there is progression or no improvement in the coming days.

Treatment options include antibiotic or antiviral therapy which can be obtained by a physician.

Otherwise topical antibiotic cream or ointment would be acceptable.

If the area does not heal he may need a surgical intervention by a urologist in the future.


Dr. Galamaga

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor