Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
184 Doctors are Online

Taking zoloft and abilify for trichotillomania. Can I take HCG?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 2770 Questions
I take zolof and abilify for trichotillomania...can I take HCG?
Posted Mon, 22 Apr 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 14 minutes later
Thanks for using health care magic for posting your query.
Before answering your query, I would appreciate if you can help me with some details about your illness:
1) You have selected the category mania. Do you have mood disorder as well which you would like to discuss?
2) How are keeping on zoloft and abilify?
3) Do you have any other medical illness?
Hope to hear from you soon.
Thanks and regards,
Dr. Srikanth Reddy
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Taking zoloft and abilify for trichotillomania. Can I take HCG? 5 minutes later mood disorders.....just trichotillomania, which I have had for 21 years..the zoloft and abilify are strickly taken for that depression at all..I also take crestor and zetia for cholestrol and blood pressure..
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 12 minutes later
Thanks for using health care magic for mentioning further details about your illness.
HCG is a hormone and there is no scientific proof mentioning its use for trichotillomania. Although some users of HCG injectable form have reported its benefit in OCD and other impulse control disorders, but then its no scientifically validated. More so HCG has some serious side-effects such as thromboembolism.
So "no" for HCG.
Valproate is a good option if you have not tried it.
Hope I am able to answer your concerns.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
If not, you can close the discussion and rate the answer accordingly.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:

Wish you good health,
Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor