Taking zoloft and abilify for trichotillomania. Can I take HCG?
Thanks for using health care magic for posting your query.
Before answering your query, I would appreciate if you can help me with some details about your illness:
1) You have selected the category mania. Do you have mood disorder as well which you would like to discuss?
2) How are keeping on zoloft and abilify?
3) Do you have any other medical illness?
Hope to hear from you soon.
Thanks and regards,
Dr. Srikanth Reddy
Thanks for using health care magic for mentioning further details about your illness.
HCG is a hormone and there is no scientific proof mentioning its use for trichotillomania. Although some users of HCG injectable form have reported its benefit in OCD and other impulse control disorders, but then its no scientifically validated. More so HCG has some serious side-effects such as thromboembolism.
So "no" for HCG.
Valproate is a good option if you have not tried it.
Hope I am able to answer your concerns.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
If not, you can close the discussion and rate the answer accordingly.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:
Wish you good health,
Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Trichotillomania causes
- Monistat trichotillomania 2011
- Is pexeva used in the treatment of trichotillomania?
- Drugs/medication for trichotillomania
- Treatment and cure for trichotillomania
- Diagnosis of trichotillomania
- Taking zoloft for trichotillomania worried about missed dosage
- Trichotillomania and nutritional deficiencies
- Symptoms of trichotillomania
- Rogaine for trichotillomania