Taking zocor. Have controlled diabetes and no heart problem. ECG done. Any suggestion?

Dr. Anil Grover

Cardiologist

Posted on Fri, 21 Dec 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: I just had a ecg. Here are the numbers: Rate 67, pr 178, qrsd 129, qt 381, qtc 402, axis p 11, qrs -45, t 24
I've had no heart problems or chest pains, I do take blood pressure meds and zocor I'm a 63 year old male. I also have controlled diabetes
Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 8 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX
Thanks for writing in.
I am a qualified and certified cardiologist and I read your mail with diligence.
You have had some experience! Coming straight to your question of EKG reporting:
Your heart beats with sinus rhythm with rate of 67 per minute. Normal
PR interval (Time taken for impulse from sinus node to ventricle) is 178 msec Normal
Durationof QRS is 129 msec is prolonged
And Axis of QRS is 45 is left possibility of Left Bundle Branch Block with Left Axis Deviation (one can substitute intraventricular condduction block instead of LBBB as I have not seen the EKG).
Qtc is on the higinvher side but falls within normal limits. T wave and P wave axis normal.

Your doctor can correlate these findings to clinical examination and investigations. Without seeing you and asking some direct question it is not possible fo me to go further than this.

I hope that answers your questions. Good luck.
If you have any more query I will be most happy to answer it.
Dr Anil Grover,
Cardiologist & Internist
M.B.;B.S, M.D. (Internal Medicine) D.M(Cardiology)
http://www/ WWW.WWWW.WW