Taking valtrex for outbreak of painful blisters in mouth. What is the treatment?

Dr. Dadapeer K

Ophthalmologist

Posted on Tue, 3 Dec 2013 in General Health
Question: patient has outbreaks of painful blisters covering the inside of the mouth. She take valtrex daily and still has the outbreaks. They are debilitating.
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 1 hour later
Brief Answer: viral infections are acquired Detailed Answer: Hello Welcome to healthcare magic I throughly reviewed your quiery.. these infections are usually acquired in childhood and it will remain latent as carriers in our body. These will be active only when our immunity is decreased these will express in full scale Now the scope of the problem is to find the cause of the herpes zoster abd to decrease the incidences of secondary bactdrial infections.. you need to continue the present drugs and they will work fine Get the complete blood counts and other invdstigations done and review Thanks