Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Taking tylenol for spinal stenosis and herniated disc. Any other medicine to take?

Feb 2014
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 5930 Questions
I have spinal stenosis and two herniated disc on my two lower disc? My current regime is tylenol 650 2-3 times a day and epidural injections every couple of months. Are there any other supplements/prescriptions that I could discuss with my doctor? Are there any minimal invasive surgeries for spinal stenosis and herniated disc? If yes would it eliminate my pain? On occasion, my foot falls asleep and I have constant pain in the buttocks.
Posted Sat, 26 Jan 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 44 minutes later
Thanks for writing to us.

If you dont get better with these treatment (physiotherapy and epidural injections),I suggest you undergo surgery, by which the nerves are decompressed which would significantly improve your symptoms.

Now a days minimal invasive surgery for herniated disc performed through a microscope known as microdisectomy.

Laminotomy and foraminotomy are two decompression surgeries commonly used to treat spinal stenosis symptoms, and both can be done using minimally invasive techniques.

So discuss these options with your surgeon.

Hope this information helps you. Please do write back if you have any additional concerns.
Please accept my answer if you have no further query.

Wishing you good health...
Dr Saurabh Gupta.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor