Taking thyroxine. Trying to lose weight. What should I do?

Grace
Grace Abraham

Dietitian & Nutritionist

Posted on Mon, 7 Jan 2013 in Weight
Question: how to lose weight.. i have thyroid prob from past 6 years . taking thyroxine - Altroxine 100mg since 6 years
Answered by Grace Abraham 49 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX

It would be good if you can provide details of your daily routine eating habit from morning till night, and mention if you are a vegetarian or non-vegetarian. Let me know your goal for weight loss, along with your anthropometric details like height, weight and waist size.

Kindly give the frequency of consuming the following foods in a week:
Non- vegetarian foods, Eggs, Sweets or chocolates, soft drinks, fruit juices, bakery foods, alcohol or smoking habits, and also about your any form of physical activity that you are doing on a regular basis.

Kindly reply with details - that will help me to plan your diet chart.

Grace Abraham

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad