Taking synthroid and diagnosed with gastritis. How to get rid of weakness and fatigue?

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Fri, 29 Nov 2013 in General Health
Question: Im on synthroid 50mcg. I just took it couple days ago. I was at 25. Ive been diagnosed as gastritis. I feel very weak and fatigue all day. Regardless of how much i sleep. And i drink a lot of water but my mouth is still dry
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 5 hours later
Brief Answer: Can be due to many causes. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for trusting us with your health concern. I have seen all the reports attached with the query. The symptoms that you are feeling could be related to a recent increase in the synthyroid doses. The weakness and fatigue could be related to decreased vitamin D 3 levels. Other possible causes include anxiety, dehydration due to poor fluid intake, breathing through the mouth excessively, intake of alcoholic beverages, simply as a natural result of aging or smoking. Some remedies to minimize your discomfort includes- 1.Sucking on sugar-free candy or chewing sugar-free gum 2.Drinking plenty of water to help keep your mouth moist. 3. Protecting your teeth by brushing with a fluoride toothpaste, using a fluoride rinse, and visiting your dentist regularly 4. Breathing through your nose, not your mouth, as much as possible 5. Using a room vaporizer to add moisture to the bedroom air 6. Using an over-the-counter artificial saliva substitute. Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Rakhi Tayal.