Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Taking symbicort for COPD. Can I replace symbicort with foracort?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1979
Answered : 1126 Questions
im a 63 year old male and taking symbicort 160/4.5 for copd. ive been taking it for 2 years. i no longer have ins.
so im looking for a cheeper drug to use for this. can i use foracort canisters in its place? 200/6
Posted Tue, 16 Apr 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Shashi Dangwal 3 hours later

Thanks for visiting XXXXXXX

Symbicort and foracort contain the same drug combination having similar mode of action which has an important role in keeping the symptoms under control in asthmatics and those who are suffering from COPD. The difference in cost may be because of the different brands manufactured by different pharmaceuticals. You can definitely switch over to foracort if it is a cheaper option.

I do hope you are not smoking as that is the first and most important line of management of COPD. You may also do some deep breathing exercises and some form of light physical exercises like walking to improve your lung capacity.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pulmonologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor