Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
197 Doctors are Online

Taking supplements and other stuff for yeast infection. Solution?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 2015 Questions
well I am taking supplements and other stuff for my yeast infection but I can tell it just maintained because of what I eat, now when I put on a pair of slacks a can still smell the odor, how can I get rid of this problem all at once without spending thousands for more herbs?

are the detox essentials, candiada force, vital flora good for the yeast infection? I have had this yeast infection for 3 months and clincs just give me antibiotics and monostat and makes it worst now I am searching the internet, I am trying to find me a Dr. I can go see that specializes in this catagory so I can get it resolved, I have insurance
Posted Thu, 24 Oct 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please take antifungal to resolve issue

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing to us.
Firstly it is important for me to know what is the area of involvement with yeast/ fungus.
From the description provided I presume either you are talking about yeast infection of groins or vagina.
Yeast infection can be treated with oral and topical antifungals. If vaginal infection is there vaginal suppositories help too.
Wear cotton clothes which are not occlusive.
After bathing dry the area properly and dust with antifungal powder
shave your pubic hair regularly.
In diet increase the intake of probiotics. In general only use of supplements won't help control yeast. So there is no pint raking vital flora and other supplements mentioned.
Avoid washing the area with soap as alkaline nature of soap can disturb normal vaginal flora.
Also if having recurrent infection, get your blood sugar checked.

Please elaborate a bit about your concern specifically mentioning the area of yeast infection.
Hope this helped.
Take care
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor