Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

Taking proper diet. Looking skinny. What should I do?

User rating for this question
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 362 Questions
My age 25 years. Height 5.4 and weight 45kgs only? Even though i will have good and nutrition food. But still i am looks skinny, what to do?
Posted Tue, 31 Jul 2012 in Weight & Lifestyle
Answered by Dr. Kiran Kumar 33 minutes later

Based on the details given, your Body Mass index is 17.05. Accordingly, you are truely under weight.

In my experience, usually in such situations, the is no underlying medical illness. Its the way your body is made up and the way your body's metabolism is. However, it is advisable that you certain basic tests to rule out any underlying medical illnesses. Such are, thyroid tests, complete blood counts and kidney tests.

Mkst of the times such results are normal.
You would benefit from having frquent meals, such as every 4-6 hours. Also avoid any exertion. This is to ensure that your Basal Metabolic Rate can be reduced and what ever you will eat will be assimilated in the body.

Decadurabolin injections (after prescription from your physician) once a month for four doses can be used if there is no medical illness. However, its better to use natural methods of good high carbohydrate diet.

Hope this answers your query.

Do get back if you need any further information.

Dr Kiran
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor