Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

Taking percocet for herniated discs. Any alternate medicine?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1999
Answered : 711 Questions
I have two herniated discs and doctors put me on percocet. Problem is it makes me sick. What anti emetic can I take so I can tolerate the percocet
Posted Thu, 21 Feb 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Samik Basu 2 hours later
Thank you for your query.

Percocet contains oxycodone and paracetamol.

You may consider taking ondansetron as an antiemetic. Also, take omeprazole daily to prevent acidity. Please get these prescribed by your nausea, consult your physician.
If you have any further queries, you are free to consult me.

Hope this answers your query.
Wishing you a speedy recovery. Have a nice day.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor