Taking penicillin VK tablets for tonsillitis. Can I take alcohol?
Thanks for posting your query.
Drinking alcohol in moderate amount will not have any drug interaction or effects while on treatment with Penicillin VK.
As such there are no contraindications for simultaneous intake of alcohol and penicillin vk.
However you should limit your intake to a minimum and also have adequate food with it or you may have gastrointestinal upset or diarrhoea while taking antibiotics like penicillin.
Also since you are suffering from upper respiratory infection like tonsillitis, your body immunity has to be strong to fight the infection with the help of medications, so a healthy diet, avoidance of alcohol or caffeinated beverages, taking plenty of water, good oral hygiene and warm saline throat gargles are recommended.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is taking sulfameth good for tonsillitis
- Taking out tonsils in adults
- Taking penicillin vk tablets for tonsillitis can i take alcohol
- Tonsillitis after taking rifampicin
- Penicillin vk tablets and alcohol
- Penicillin vk tablets vaginal itching
- Penicillin vk tonsillitis
- Penicillin vk tablets and carbonated drinks
- Penicillin vk tablets 250mg
- Penicillin vk tablets