Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

Taking medicine for pain management, bi-polar disorder, depression. Looking for alternate medicine

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 632 Questions
I have been seeing a psychiatrist for over 10 years for pain management, bi-polar disorder, depression, etc. I am on a number of prescriptions. I am also in a number of drug assistant programs. My doctor did not call in a prescription through Pfizer's Connection to care as she said she did. I called her and she said "the prescription had not come in yet, but would let me know when it did (I have to drive to Houston and pick it up from her office). I called Connection to Care and they said she had never called the order in. So now I have been going through withdrawal for a week now. She lied to me. I need to seek another doctor and soon.
Posted Mon, 4 Mar 2013 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Sundar Gnanavel 4 minutes later
Thanks for your query. I understand your concern with the withdrawal symptoms. I guess you were on opioids for pain management. I would suggest as a stop gap arrangement you can try benzodiazepines (Sedatives) like diazepam (valium) to counter withdrawal symptoms till you have access to your prescribed medication.
Dr Sundar
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Taking medicine for pain management, bi-polar disorder, depression. Looking for alternate medicine 17 minutes later
I can't prescribe drugs for myself. This is not what I'm on here for. I need help now and to find another doctor in this area (Galveston County) to assist me. It's not because I'm having problems with a certain drug. I am WITHOUT help and am about to kill myself. I cannot get through to my doctor as she is too concerned with dog shows and other forms of entertainment. I am going through withdrawal due to her negligence and cannot find a psychiatrist in this area that handles the problems I have. This site is doing me no good.
Answered by Dr. Sundar Gnanavel 13 minutes later
Sheery M Simpson Friendswood, XXXXXXX 0000
(281) 305-0588

Pearland Psychiatry Office is near:
Friendswood, XXXXXXX 0000
(832) 900-4104
(281) 374-4909

Aashish Parikh Arlington, XXXXXXX 0000
(817) 756-7860

Dr Janel Whidbee, Boerne, XXXXXXX 0000
(210) 272-7138

These are some psychiatrists i could trace in your area.

Dr Sundar
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor