Taking medicine for migraine. Felt unconscious, confused and dizzy. What am I suffering from?
Thanks for writing to us.
The symptoms described deserve exclusion of any brain involvement as far as the origin of these symptoms are concerned. Dropping this unconsciously is commonly seen in neurologic conditions like focal epileptic syndromes, generally called drop attacks. Diseases and these moving about you could constitute the symptoms that usually precede these attacks.
neurologic manifestations as such. Visiting a neurologist is primordial to exclude a neurologic origin or your symptoms and could help also in putting in perspective the origins of the headache you are experiencing. Brain exams like a CT scan and an electroencephalogram (EEG), a machine to measure the electrical activity of the brain could be useful in assessing these symptoms. When the cause is well known, appropriate treatment is usually given and the outcomes/results are usually satisfactory
Meeting a neurologist as advised by your treating physician to me is the right thing to do.
have a nice time as I hope this helps,
Thanks and best regards,
I saw my neurologist today. My physical exam was great I am only waiting for my MRI results to come in. I'm having horrible short term memory problems. My neurologist is cutting back on my migraine preventative to see if we can try to overt some of these brain fog/memory issues. Starting small but moving forward.
Your input has been appreciated.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Migrain patient can take regestrone medicine
- What are the side effects of migraine related medicines
- What are the side effects of the medicines for migraine
- Have migraine what is the best medicine
- What treatment or medicine should one take for migraine
- Medicines for migraines
- What is the long term medicine for stopping migraine
- What medicine is there to cure migraine
- Suffering from headaches and migraines medicines not working
- What medicine should i take for frequent migraine
- Taking prilosec. Not anemic. Getting hair fall and muscle pain. What is...
- Taking medicine for migraine. Felt unconscious, confused and dizzy. What...
- Took azathioprine for crohn's disease. Trying to conceive. Should I stop...
- Having night sweats, swelling on neck and fever. What is the cause?
- Took AKT 2 during pregnancy. Baby and mother has ABO incompatibility....
- Taking flagyl metronidazole. Started getting headache. Side effect of...
- Have twisted spine, IBS and pain all over body. Taking clonazepam. Any...
- Have had tachycardia. Getting headache and nausea if cloth are tight...
- Child has low grade fever and puffy eyes. Mono test negative. What's wrong?
- Suffering from cold. History of ectopic heartbeats. Are they related?