Taking medicine for hypothyroid. Not getting relief. Blood test done. Are the reports normal?
AST. 57 44 14-36 U/L
BUN. 9 12 7-17mg/do
Calcium. 9.7. 10.7. 8.2-10.2
CO2. 27. 28. 23-29 meq/do
Potassium. 3.9. 4.0. 3.4-4.9
Sodium. 140. 142. 135-145
ALT. 53. 60. 9-52 u/ l
Total protein. 7.2. 7.4. 6.1 - 8.1
TSH. 8.22. 0.02. 0.40-5.0
Free T4. 0.91. 1.69. 0.78-2.19
My CBC FROM 1/20
Eac. 0.46. 0.00-0.20 103/ul
EP. 6.80. 0.00-5.10%
MPV. 9.2. 9.4-12.3
I don't understand any of this can you plz explain it to me
You have subclinical hypothyroidism a mild form of hypothyroidism. Your somnolence is unrelated to intake of thyroxine. Now your current TSH is suppressed which means dose is excessive and hence has to be reduced to 50 mcg/day. Continue 50 mcg for now and repeat TSH after 4 - 6 weeks. TSH has to be maintained between 0.5 to 4.5. Excessive intake of thyroxine causes sleeplessness rather than somnolence. So your symptoms are not related to thyroid problem.
Hope this helps.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Blood test with cholesterol medicine
- Thyroid taking thyronorm 25mcg reports normal continue medicines
- Medicine before blood test
- Hypothyroid fluctuating blood pressure taking medicine is it curable
- If normal man take acitrom medicine
- Severe hairfall took medicines no relief blood tests normal suggestions
- Medicine for occult blood test positive
- Done blood test and echo suggest diet and medicine
- Taking biotin with hypothyroid medicine
- Fond maleriya by blood test what medicine
- Have tumor on pituitary gland. Looking alternate medicine for bromocriptine
- Have micro penis with stretched penile length. Any hormonal remedy?
- Started gaining weight and have swelling on face with normal TSH level....
- Taking neomarcozole for graves disease. Itchy rashes appeared. How long...
- Suggest some medicine to gain weight
- Taking medicine for hypothyroid. Not getting relief. Blood test done....
- Have swollen eye with different throat structure and feeling tired....
- Depressed, started sweating with rapid heart rate. Taking zanax. Found...
- Started byetta for nausea. Started experiencing altered taste. Common...
- Took botox injection for migraines and started having hair loss. Could...