Taking medicine for H pylori. Suggest alternate medicine for clarithromycin
Im using now ..for H pylori treatment for 14days
1-NEXIUM 40 mg (Safe as per doctor)
2-Amoxicillin1000 mg (Safe as per doctor)
3-Clarithromycin500mg (Can be XXXXXXX as per doctor)
Thanks for posting your query.
Clarithromycin is a pregnancy category C drug and should not be used in first three months of pregnancy.
Regarding the treatment of H. Pylori infection, clarithromycin is safest among all other alternatives like metronodazole or tetracycline.
Category C medicines like clarithromycin can be used if the treating Doctor feels that the benefits outweigh the risks involved.
As persistent H. pylori infection can cause further complications so the medications are given accordingly.
Since everything is fine till now continue taking the medications as prescribed by your treating Doctor and do not stop them abruptly or adjust the doses by yourself.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- H pylori unani medicine
- Suggest alternate medicine for jaundice
- Suggest inexpensive alternative medicine of previcide
- Taking prednisone for copd suggest alternative medicine
- Head sweats constantly taking bp medicine and stomach medicine suggest
- Had bypass surgery hypertensive diabetic taking medicines alternative to medicines
- Suggest alternative medicines for sleeplessness
- Taking mirapex for restless leg suggest alternative medicine
- Taking medicine for blood pressure suggest some alternate medicine
- Taking medicine for h pylori suggest alternate medicine for clarithromycin