Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
156 Doctors are Online

Taking medicine chronic pain, fatigue and fibromyalgia. Looking for alternative medicine

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Spine Surgeon
Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 322 Questions
I am unable to fine any help with my chronic fatigue, pain, fibromyalgia after being abandon from a pain clinic that said that they were going to take a chance of getting trouble with the FDA for the amount of medication it took for me to maintain. I am 61 yrs. old have no family or childern to help me. And it looks like that I will have to go to a rest home, because I am not able to take care of my self with any medication to get up and take a bath or most any thing. I was doing pretty good until the new prescription law of FDA passed and scared every one and now no one wants to help me. What should or can some one like me do to even help myself? My e-mail Is YYYY@YYYY
Posted Sat, 11 May 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 2 hours later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
I understand your situation. I dont know how I will be able to help you. I wonder if you can consider doing alternative medicine options such as acupressure or yoga which may increase your pain tolerance. The dosage of the pain medicine go on increasing with duration. It has lots of side effects. I would suggest to consider different treatment options other than medicine option.Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Taking medicine chronic pain, fatigue and fibromyalgia. Looking for alternative medicine 14 hours later
I will do or try anything to help my self,because I am no longer able to help my self and have called so many places that don't want to talk to you because they are all full up and can no longer take any more patients. In 6mo. I will be 62 yrs. old and can get a reverse morage on my home and pay for some decient care, but I still don't know where to start. Is there some one that you all know of that can treat the whole person that has chronic pain, fatigue, fibromyalgia,depression.I am so weak that I can hardly get to the bath room and back. Then I am completely worn out. I am trying all I can to find some one with no results. There has to be some one out there that can help me. Do you know of any one, any where that helps people in my condition. If you can think of or find any place any where please let me know. Thank you !!! XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 7 hours later
I wish I could help you. Here in India we have acupressure and homeopathy specialist. I would suggest to call XXXXXXX to ask them if they have any specialist based in your area. Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor