Taking medication for hbp, high cholesterol and type 2 diabetes. Is there any complication?

Dr. Anantharamakrishnan

Cardiologist

Posted on Mon, 4 Feb 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: blood pressure 195/100. I am on medication for high blood pressure, high cholesteral & type 2 diabetes. Sugar at 89 Am I in trouble? Emergency?
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 35 minutes later
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

No need to panic.
The pressure - especially systolic - is high indeed / yet in can be managed on an outpatient basis.
You need frequent follow up - may be daily initially - till the pressure is down.
You need basic investigations - EKG, Kidney function and so on.
You need to see your doctor, as soon as possible.
Dose of present medicines may have to be increased / new drugs may be added.
Nephrologist (or Cardiologist) will be the ideal person to treat the pressure.

Present sugar level is well at 89.
HbA1C will show long term control.

Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck