Taking medication for TB adenitis. Worried about side effect of medication
Thanks for writing in.
You definitely do have to take the Antitubercular drugs for 6 months, if you do want to get better. Most likely the doctors may prescribe isoniazid, rifampicin, pyrazinamide and ethambutol that is 4 drugs for a period of 2 months followed by isoniazid and rifampicin that is 2 drugs for a period of 4 months. The total duration of treatment is 6 months.
There is no other way. I do agree that side-effects with regards to liver may occur. That can be checked by monitoring the liver function tests .
Hope I have answered your query. I will be happy to answer any further queries you might have.
In case you don't have any further queries,please accept my answer.
Any reviews are welcome.
Dr. Divya Kuttikrishnan
Thanks for your reply. Not everybody experiences side effects with medications. Plus Myrin forte( it contains the 4 medications I had mentioned) is essential along with Vit B complex, if you want to get better.
The doctor might monitor your liver function tests to make sure that the drugs are not harming your liver. At any time if you develop visual disturbances, arthralgia(joint pain), yellow discoloration of eye(jaundice) , skin rashes , headache,or vomiting, please visit your doctor immediately. One of the drugs of the four (rifampicin) causes a harmless orange discoloration of the urine. Don't worry about that.
I appreciate the fact that you are planning to go back to your doctor and start medication as soon as possible.
I hope you get well soon.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Drugs/medication for Cervical adenitis
- Thickening of adenal glands medication
- Side effect of anti-tb medication
- Drugs/medication for bcg adenitis
- Drugs/medication for salivary adenitis
- Side effects of tb medication
- Drugs/medication for Reactive adenitis
- Tb adenitis
- Drugs/medication for adenitis
- Drugs/medication for inflammatory adenitis
- Cloudy urine with foul smell. Taking duromine and vitamin D tablets
- Feeling dry mouth /dry throat, swelling of tongue. On Olmetec, Aspimed...
- Squeezing sensation in upper chest, asthma. Taken steroids,...
- Shortness of breath on climbing stairs. Is my blood pressure and pulse...
- Diarrhea, cramps, loss of apetite, red spots in stools. What can be this...
- Going to get EEG for MS. Will it affect test results if I smoke weed the...
- Vomiting with blood, pain in upper quadrant after drinking alcohol. Does...
- Diagnosed stage 4 bile duct cancer. What is the life span?
- Had sex after periods ended, took unwanted72. Why did she have irregular...
- Dizziness, confusion, headache, body pain, tingling in hands, eyebrow...