Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

Taking maicardis and having leg cramps, dryness in mouth. Is it a side effect?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 1115 Questions
i am currently taking maicardis plus 80 and am having leg cramps dryness of the mouth I remember having these effects with lipitor and coveram what do you think the problem might be
Posted Sat, 23 Nov 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Jose Ignacio Artero Munoz 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Hydrochlorothiazide Detailed Answer: Hello.Delighted to be able to help. The drug that you refer has two components:telmisartan and hydrochlorothiazide.Hydrochlorothiazide have diuretic effect. Dry mouth and cramps (by decreasing the levels of potassium) are probably related to intake of hydrochlorothiazide.Your doctor should evaluate to use alone telmisartan to control your blood pressure because also you're taking another drug for blood pressure. I Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.If you do not have any clarifications, please don’t forget to evaluate my answer.I wish you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor