Taking luvox and clonazepam for anxiety. Is there any natural remedy?

Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta

Posted on Mon, 21 Jan 2013 in Anxiety and Stress
Question: I'd like to get some advice on anxiety. I'm a healthy 28 year old male and I currently take Luvox and Clonazepam for anxiety. I'd like to learn some natural remedies, or tips to manage anxiety. I am constantly scared I have a worst-case-scenario illness. I dislike being in large crowds and I often have obsessive thoughts (like the health stuff). My anxiety is both general and OCD related and I'd love to overcome it. You guys seem to have better grasps on healthcare than we do here in XXXXXXX and better advice, so I'd love to hear anything you have to share.

Also, I know this is a standard question when dealing with anxiety...I feel safe in my home and have NO thoughts of self harm. Other than my anxiety, I am otherwise a very happy and upbeat individual. :)
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 36 hours later
Hello XXXXXXX,
Thanks for the query and happy new year to you.
Since you have asked the natural ways to combat anxiety I would restrict myself only to this aspect.
As far as I feel there are three very good ways to tackle your stress .
1... Exercises
2... Yoga
3... XXXXXXX breathing exercises

Exercises is the best way to alleviate stress as these not only reduces your stress hormones but also increases feel good hormones.
These feel good hormones are SEROTONINS  and these get badly depleted in stress.

Yoga is a great stress buster and helps in lowering your blood pressure,boosts your immunity and uplifts your mood.
XXXXXXX breathing exercises bring control on your respiration and reduces the impact of stress and anxiety on your heart and nerves.

I hope it helps however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
Thanks