Taking krimson and Diane for PCOD. Get regular periods. But have mastalgia. Will Gonadil help?

Dr. Sree Gouri SR

OBGYN

Posted on Fri, 6 Dec 2013 in Women's Health
Question: hello... i am unmarried girl diagnosed with PCOD. Doctors advised to take Krimson 35 or Diane 35.I get regular periods only when i m taking these medicines otherwise it gets irregular. But i had to suffer from mastalgia due these medicines.Now i don't have mastalgia problem. My doctor advised me to take Gonadil. Will that help me in anyway? I am not taking any medicines at present.Please tell me what to do??
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 27 minutes later
Brief Answer: You may try as advised by your doctor Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. Poly cystic ovary disease presents with symptoms like irregular cycles, anovulation, insulin resistance, hirsutism etc. Hormonal pills like krimson35 helps in regularization of the cycles and also in decreasing the hirsutism features. Tendency of recurrence is common with PCOD. Gonadil is a non hormonal drug, containing vitamins and minerals. Possibly this will help in ovulation. When regular ovulation occurs this can help in regularization of the hormonal levels and cycles. So as there is no harm in using that, you may try as advised by your doctor. Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the answer, please give your review at the end of the discussion. Take care.
Follow up: Dr. Sree Gouri SR 2 days later
Thank you very much for your advice.I will definitely consider it.Can you tell me for how long this PCOD will continue?? Shall i start taking meds like krimson or daine 35 again?? what are the chances of pregnancy in future??
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Difficult to tell the duration of PCOD problem Detailed Answer: Hi, It is difficult to guess the duration of PCOD problem. Using hormonal pills can regularize the internal hormonal levels. That can cure the PCOD. In some nonresponding cases ovarian drilling may be needed. Don't worry this may not needed in all women. As your doctor recommend gonadil now. You can use that for few months. If your periods get regularize with that, you may not need hormonal pills. If not, you can start hormonal pills with your doctor's advice. Once hormonal levels come to normal, there may not be any problem for future fertility. Take care.