Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
147 Doctors are Online

Taking krimson and Diane for PCOD. Get regular periods. But have mastalgia. Will Gonadil help?

May 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 4909 Questions
hello... i am unmarried girl diagnosed with PCOD. Doctors advised to take Krimson 35 or Diane 35.I get regular periods only when i m taking these medicines otherwise it gets irregular. But i had to suffer from mastalgia due these medicines.Now i don't have mastalgia problem. My doctor advised me to take Gonadil. Will that help me in anyway? I am not taking any medicines at present.Please tell me what to do??
Posted Thu, 5 Dec 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 27 minutes later
Brief Answer: You may try as advised by your doctor Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. Poly cystic ovary disease presents with symptoms like irregular cycles, anovulation, insulin resistance, hirsutism etc. Hormonal pills like krimson35 helps in regularization of the cycles and also in decreasing the hirsutism features. Tendency of recurrence is common with PCOD. Gonadil is a non hormonal drug, containing vitamins and minerals. Possibly this will help in ovulation. When regular ovulation occurs this can help in regularization of the hormonal levels and cycles. So as there is no harm in using that, you may try as advised by your doctor. Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the answer, please give your review at the end of the discussion. Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Taking krimson and Diane for PCOD. Get regular periods. But have mastalgia. Will Gonadil help? 2 days later
Thank you very much for your advice.I will definitely consider it.Can you tell me for how long this PCOD will continue?? Shall i start taking meds like krimson or daine 35 again?? what are the chances of pregnancy in future??
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Difficult to tell the duration of PCOD problem Detailed Answer: Hi, It is difficult to guess the duration of PCOD problem. Using hormonal pills can regularize the internal hormonal levels. That can cure the PCOD. In some nonresponding cases ovarian drilling may be needed. Don't worry this may not needed in all women. As your doctor recommend gonadil now. You can use that for few months. If your periods get regularize with that, you may not need hormonal pills. If not, you can start hormonal pills with your doctor's advice. Once hormonal levels come to normal, there may not be any problem for future fertility. Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor