Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Taking glynase mf for diabetes. Started getting itching on penis tip. Looking for cure

Jul 2016
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1971
Answered : 9699 Questions
Hi Dr
after pedaling 400 km in 27 hrs my penis is itching in the tip
somewhare in the front part i feel as if something is trying to expand or bulging out
this was there when i did my 300 Km cycling and remained for a fortnight
it was not there when i did my 200Km
what can i do for it, i'm diabitic and taking glynase mf 1 in morning 1 in afternoon and 1/2 in night
i don't take the day i'm cycling
Sat, 2 Feb 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 26 minutes later
Thanks for your query.

Based on what you have posted, you are diabetic and getting itching over the tip of the penis. It is likely to be Mucocutaneous Candidiasis. You have been taking oral medication for diabetes.

Have you tested your blood Sugar levels recently to see whether your diabetes is under control?

If not tested so far get it done now and consult some Diabetologist or Physician to adjust the dosage or change the medicine that you are taking at present.

Please take Anti fungal medication Fluconazole as a single dose along with some Topical Gel for local application over the glans and foreskin twice daily.

If possible, monitor your Blood Sugar levels yourself with Glucometer during your touring and avoid skipping to take medicines.

Please feel free if you have any more questions. I shall be pleased to help you. Thanks with Regards.
Dr Patil.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Taking glynase mf for diabetes. Started getting itching on penis tip. Looking for cure 23 hours later

It was another cyclist Dr who suggested not to take glynaze while cycling long rides

any way i can take it

Glucometer i'll check the possibility a little costly but may help to watch closely
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 55 minutes later

I have suggested taking medication because whenever you take a food it has to be converted in to energy for which insulin is required to metabolise the glucose. Oral anti diabetic drugs stimulate pancreas to secrete Insulin. So better not to skip medication. However the dose and frequency of medication needs to be titrated according to your blood sugar levels. Hence my suggestion to use a glucometer.

Irregular medications may be a reason for uncontrolled sugars. The blood sugar readings on the glucometer can help your treating doctor to treat you more efficiently as use of Glucometer is helpful to know the status of diabetes on day to day basis.

Now a day’s Glucometers are available at very reasonable price and that is a one time purchase. Therefore I don't think that will burn a large hole in your pocket.

Hope this suffices. I will be available for further clarifications.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor