Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Taking fraxcel for keloid scars. What are the affects of alcohol on eyes?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 2015 Questions
have a number of very nasty keloid scars being treated by fraxcel regularly with little result. have you any other advice in regard to getting rid of them. I also would like to know about the affect large amounts of alcohol have on the eyes. I am bipolar and on antipressants
Posted Thu, 21 Nov 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 1 hour later
Brief Answer: please read a detailed answer below Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thanks for writing to us. Alcohol can affect eyes if taken in large quantities. It can lead to blurred vision, double vision, tunnel vision, color insensitivity, difficulty in adjusting to light etc. Sonetimes it may cause painless loss of vision. As far as treating keloids in concerned, personally I find these procedures better than laser Intralesional injection of steroid with or without 5 fluoro uracil Cryotherapy with or without intralesional injection Surgical debulking of larger keloids with intralesional steroid These procedures can be done singly or in conbination depending upon the size of keloid. I would appreciate if you could upload some pics of your keloids so that I can guide you better. Thanks and regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor