Taking formonide for breathing problem. Feeling dizzy and short of breath. What to do?

Dr. Lohit K

Posted on Sun, 8 Dec 2013 in General Health
Question: Hi doc, My grandmother must be around 86. She has breathing problem. She's perceived with formanide 400. For the past 2 days she's really falling short of breath and feels dizzy. When asked she has it while she walks or talks. Is formonide 400 adding to it? Or is there a lighter pump which she can take. In my personal seeing, I feel that gives pressure to the lungs.
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Needs her evaluation Detailed Answer: HiXXXXX, Thanks for using XXXXXXX I went through the query and understood your concern. Usually the shortness of breath and dizziness suggests some problem in heart or in lungs or anemia. So I suggest you to get evaluated using 2D echo, ECG, complete haemogram and lung function test to diagnose the cause. Formonide 400 contains broncho dilator and steroid that will help in broncho dilation and reduce inflammation due to asthma. This is the drug for managing asthma patients with shortness of breath. This help as maintenance therapy. If your grand mother starts this complaints after using the drug then you can reduce the dosage to 200 with your doctor's advice. But before this I advice you to get her evaluated to diagnose whether it is due to asthma, any other lung problem or due to cardiac cause.. Hope this information answered your query and is helpful for you. Feel free to ask if any related query and I will be glad to answer them. If you like my answers kindly rate it, and write a review as well. Wish you a very happy life and good health. Regards