Taking folitrax 7.5 mg. Having joint pains. Is rheumatoid arthritis curable?
Thanks for the query.
Rheumatoid arthritis is a disease that is autoimmune in nature. It affects mainly synovial joints like the joints of hands, feet, although any joint can be affected by it. Just like various chronic diseases like diabetes, hypertension and ischemic heart disease are not curable but controllable; rheumatoid arthritis is also controllable.
With proper medication you can lead an absolutely normal life without any pain or disability.
It is not advisable to stop medication on your own as it only leads to accrual of joint damage and leads to joint deformities. So keep a positive attitude and take regular medication; also exercise regularly.
As far as your medication is concerned I feel that the dosages of folitrax are definitely not adequate now; the minimum dosage of the medication recommended is 20 mg. Discuss with your treating doctor about it and if deemed appropriate they can increase the dose.
I hope I am making sense. Please feel free to ask me if you have any other queries.
Wish you good health
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Taking vovoran for rheumatoid arthritis any side effect
- Have rheumatoid arthritis safe to take humira injection
- Rheumatoid arthritis and surgical mesh
- Psoriatic arthritis or rheumatoid arthritis
- Should i take ayurvedic medicine for rheumatoid arthritis
- Rheumatoid arthritis is it completely curable
- Night sweats rheumatoid arthritis
- Can i take naprosyn for juvenile rheumatoid arthritis?
- Arthritis symptoms rheumatoid arthritis
- Arthritis or rheumatoid arthritis