Taking fluoxidine, lectopam. Feeling weak, anxiety, nervous and chest tightness. Any cure?
Welcome to Health Care Magic
You are 51 years old female and you have problem of Depression, panic attacks and problem with crowds (agoraphobia). You are on right medicine for these problems. Lactopam is also good anti anxiety drug.
You have mentioned that you are having problem of nervousness, fear of going out and you have symptoms of anxiety like getting warm, tingling, chest tightness, weakness etc. The symptoms are occurring either due to increase in severity of symptoms or due to improper dosing.
I would recommend you to try Behavioral Methods first and then think about increasing the dose.
Behavior methods like Breathing Exercises, Progressive Muscle Relaxation Techniques, Yoga and Meditation. These methods will keep you calm and will also boost your confidence. Behavior therapy from a good Psychologist will help to cope the crowded situations.
If not controlled with these methods you can consult your Psychiatrist and can increase your dose of Fluoxetine to 60 mg per day. This will control anxiety completely.
Thanks, if you have more questions you can ask again.
Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi, MD
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Smoke cannabis chest tightness high bpm anxiety
- Vyvanse late day chest tightness anxiety
- Treatment and cure for episodic chest tightness
- Xanax cure chest tightness
- Treatment and cure for chest tightness
- Feeling chest tightness causes
- Treatment and cure for momentary chest tightness
- Symptoms of feeling chest tightness
- Treatment and cure for feeling chest tightness
- Have anxiety and lots of chest tightness
- Sight problem. Taking pregabalin for fibromyalgia. Should I stop...
- Found mucus and pus cell in stool test. Suggested to go for colonoscopy...
- Suffering from erectile dysfunction. Taking paroxetine and sustimax....
- On medication for clinical depression. What diet should I take to reduce...
- Alcoholic, suffering from OCD, depression, suffered seizure. Prescribed...
- Trying to quit tobacco. What should I do for this?
- Taking clozazepam. Safe and easy method to stop taking this medicine?
- Taking fluoxidine, lectopam. Feeling weak, anxiety, nervous and chest...
- Aderall induced psychosis. How long will the effects last?
- Started getting panic attack after taking mucinex dm. Cause for concern?