Taking flagyl metronidazole. Started getting headache. Side effect of medicine?
have it until this sat 250 mg 3 x day i have bad headache all morning then feel so drugged all day is this normal what can i do to finish it without this feeling i take it with food and tons water help and on it for vaginal bacterial infection . please help XXXXXXX
Thanks for writing to us.
What you report as side effects are very common with metronidazole. As you said, eating well and drinking much water could be temporal measures to help in decreasing the side effects of this drug. There is nothing much that we can do about the side effects except prescribe you another drug.
However, if the side effects persist or become very difficult for you to support, it shall be worth consulting your doctor for another drug to be prescribed. Other classes of drugs like other second and third generation imidazoles are also very effective on certain bacterial vaginoses especially those caused by anaerobic organisms or Trichomonas. It shall be a good idea to consult your doctor for the drug to be changed if you really can longer succumb to its side effects till the end of the treatment. Taking a given drug appropriately is usually very important in ensuring complete cure and avoiding recurrence or resistance.
Hope this helps,
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Side effects of taking medicine dronis 30
- Headaches after taking tb medicine
- Memory loss taking gabapentin side effects of medicine
- Taking flagyl metronidazole started getting headache side effect of medicine
- Started feeling weakness after taking nexium side effect of medicine
- Udiliv 300 medicine what are the side effects of this medicine
- Metronidazole flagyl side effects
- Skin started getting dark any effective medicine
- Rules for taking d medicine lipocut 60 and side effect of this medicine
- Medicine for headache without any side effect
- Taking prilosec. Not anemic. Getting hair fall and muscle pain. What is...
- Taking medicine for migraine. Felt unconscious, confused and dizzy. What...
- Took azathioprine for crohn's disease. Trying to conceive. Should I stop...
- Having night sweats, swelling on neck and fever. What is the cause?
- Took AKT 2 during pregnancy. Baby and mother has ABO incompatibility....
- Taking flagyl metronidazole. Started getting headache. Side effect of...
- Have twisted spine, IBS and pain all over body. Taking clonazepam. Any...
- Have had tachycardia. Getting headache and nausea if cloth are tight...
- Child has low grade fever and puffy eyes. Mono test negative. What's wrong?
- Suffering from cold. History of ectopic heartbeats. Are they related?