Owl Image

Taking femilon. Had unprotected sex. Do I need to have ipill?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2013
Mar 2013
Question
I have femilon regularly which is a desogestral and ethinyl estradiol combination
My pill cycle started yesterday. So we use condoms for the first 2 days and had condom failure. Should I need to take a ipill. Or is it not ok to take both at the same time
Sat, 12 Jan 2013 in Birth Control

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 27 minutes later
Hello XXXXXXX
Thanks for your query on this portal.
If you have been regularly on the pill, atleast for a couple of months or more, without missing any pill in between, then you need not worry as the pill confers full protection.
However, if this was your first cycle, or a pill cycle after a gap of some time, or you forgot any pills in the regular pack, then you might not be protected. This may especially be true during the initial few days of the pill cycle.
In case of condom failure, you should take an Ipill just to be doubly safe if this is in case of a fresh cycle or a cycle after a gap.
let me know if you have any more questions