Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Taking femilon. Had unprotected sex. Do I need to have ipill?

Mar 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 5970 Questions
I have femilon regularly which is a desogestral and ethinyl estradiol combination
My pill cycle started yesterday. So we use condoms for the first 2 days and had condom failure. Should I need to take a ipill. Or is it not ok to take both at the same time
Posted Sat, 12 Jan 2013 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 27 minutes later
Thanks for your query on this portal.
If you have been regularly on the pill, atleast for a couple of months or more, without missing any pill in between, then you need not worry as the pill confers full protection.
However, if this was your first cycle, or a pill cycle after a gap of some time, or you forgot any pills in the regular pack, then you might not be protected. This may especially be true during the initial few days of the pill cycle.
In case of condom failure, you should take an Ipill just to be doubly safe if this is in case of a fresh cycle or a cycle after a gap.
let me know if you have any more questions
Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor